Learning Challenge: Staying Focused

I read the article, "40 Entrepreneurs Share Their Secrets to Staying Focused". One thing I struggle with a lot would be staying focused. As soon as I start an assignment I tend to drift my eyes toward my phone or something else on the computer screen. That is really detrimental for me because many times I do not understand what is going on in class and it is terrible when I am doing timed assignments. However, focus problems can occur in all aspects of life, not just the student life.  Therefore, I wanted some advice from several entrepreneurs and see what works for them.  An entrepreneur, Amber Venz, from RewardStyle states that we should say no. I have a major problem with saying no. However, I am working on it. I told someone today that I would not be able to cover their shift because I was planning on working on my studies today. I think that is a major step to saying "no" more often. Within my life I never realized that by not saying no I was not staying focused on my tasks, but it does make sense now. Merrill Stubs from the company, Food52, states to get outside. That is a huge for me. Sometimes I need to get outside and get some fresh air. I am usually inside my apartment or some building not getting the fresh air I need. I want to start working on that more and get active and go outside, which is what I am about to do right now. 
                                                                             

                                             This is a quote I found that I like. Source: QuoteGram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3 Story: Kooni's Origin

Time Strategies

Week 5 Story: Sita